Giving the Yiynova a more thorough test with a wip. I was wrong on being really negative on certain topics: the pressure sensitivity on this thing does take some getting used to, but its not as much of a problem as it is just a different interpretation - stuff like hair and folds seem to come out more naturally. The part that's still a little buggish is outlines, it still gets a little sharp due to how the stylus nib touches the screen, but adding additional strokes with opacity control on helps a good deal.
The long story short, though, is that this is another tool, like oils and pencils. I still prefer how the Intuos interprets pressure, and the Wacom is accepting to weird crap being done to it, like putting 3 sheets of Strathmore drawing paper and still able to interpret sensitivity as if nothing was on top. On the other hand, I haven't experienced the amount of lag I sometimes get when working with a Wacom, and the screen quality and quality of a controlled line on this thing is pretty sweet.

No comments:
Post a Comment