Banner

December 20, 2012

AlchemyBro - Day 135


Anyone else getting a 'when did everyone else get better' feeling? I mean I'm looking at T's sudden burst and I'm like 'the hell man why these colors work so well, this looks fishy,' Pan pops out with animation as smooth as my jelly, Sig shows up with shading powers activated, Xeno and Remius do their I've returned from the mountains tricks, and whenever Moheji and MA feel like going this-isn't-even-my-final-form they break out the pixels and beads. One day I'll find the photoshop filter to DEFEAT YOU ALL.

9 comments:

  1. Don't tell me about it, you can't even comprehend the level of jelly I'm getting from seeing your new stuff. You know, all these drawings with a Meeeeh name. I love the softness, damn niggah, so neato! Your improvement chart of this year was so impressive too, it got me all kind of insecure haha. I feel like I'm the one who should get real soon with everybody stepping up so high lately!

    >this looks fishy
    10/10 would laugh again. Huehuehue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh btw sorry I didn't get to see your last comment about this level stuff, better reply here or you won't see it:

      Hmm personally I try not to underline too much the darks to avoid these burn effects, you know, like just changing the dark level to 170 or something, but it depends of how dark the drawing is. Something else important is to try not to make the original coloring layer too flashy or it'll be over-the-top so I usually tone down the contrast and the saturation before editing with this trick.
      I don't know about it that much tho, so maybe it won't be of any help, sorry man.

      Delete
    2. lol my progress chart feels like a lot less progress has happened than thought, yours has downtrodden alcohol melancholic beginnings to 'check out my shiny saber, here's a mirror to better see her.' Then there's Lazy and her December warmth, how the crap do you guys pick your colors, that thing burns through shirt pockets to melt hearts. The meeh stuff is really just an excuse to use photoshop filters, they look really bad without them.

      Tone down Sats and Contrast? I'll give that a roll next delivery.

      Delete
  2. Switch to Sai and come over to the darkside, aniki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Yuno you want to. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But everyone uses Sai, I wanna be a special snowflake like what I keep telling myself I am at night~

      Delete
  3. >Anyone else getting a 'when did everyone else get better' feeling?

    I get this feeling all the time, I don't think you should be too worried honestly, because you got better yourself so your standard increases as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That be true, probably just a personal cooldown period. Still, praise merited to where it's due, everyone's been pumping out a nice hunk of neato lately and it feels kind of ghostly to let it seem unnoticed.

      Delete
  4. I check this blog every day and shrink into a marble. But that's the beauty of it, really. Traveling and my life sucking is making it hard for me to keep the pictures flowing though, but this blog in itself is wonderful motivation to do stuff.


    But yeah I stay walking in and out like:

    (^-_-)^ \ ~~ "still a noob today too i see"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww dude we're all here to get better. We're all looking at other people's stuff and practicing to get to match and exceed the levels other people pop out.

      We're all lacking in some area or another or feel we're just completely not living up to it all, but no one's going to attack you or any of us for standing up 9 times out of 8. In any case, imo the heart of this blog is to try every day - it may be no more than an hour, but by year's end that's 365 hours more than what you did the year before.

      If you're not sure what to do, join what a lot of us do and gesture sketch from http://lovecastle.org/draw/
      I set my timer to either 30 seconds to 2 minutes, not sure what others set it to. If you want input from what you pop out, we'll drop a word. The point though is to practice, and come how ugly or wonky it may look now, its practice, and its a step to getting better.

      Delete